We are working and getting ready for the upcoming TAKS test. The kids are very knowledgable in fifth grade science, and I am sure they will do great! I am just making sure that I cover all that is needed, so the kids will feel success next week on the test. I am excited for them! The words this week are review words. They have seen these words before, but I feel that it is important for them to see them again! The TAKS test will be next Thursday, April 29.
1. adaptation- a structure of behavior that helps an organism survive in its surroundings.
2. reflection- the bounching back of light waves from a surface.
3. Moon Phases- the regular changes in the way the moon look from Earth.
4. Delta- a large flat area of land a the mouth of a river formed by deposited sediment.
5. revolution- one complete trip of a planet around a star.
6. photosynthesis- the process of using the energy in sunlight to make food from water and carbon dioxide.
7. sun- the major source of energy to Earth.
8. fossil fuels- a fuel that was formed from the decayed remains of ancient plants and animals.
9. food chain- the path of food energy from one organism to another in an ecosystem.
10. rotation- the spinning of a planet or moon on its axis.
STUDY, STUDY, STUDY!!
I love you.