Week twenty-three Vocabulary
February 16-19, 2010
Your spelling and vocabulary test will be on Friday, February 19, 2010 . You will be responsible for knowing how to spell each word correctly and the definition for each word.
1. Learned behavior- a behavior that an animal develops by observing other animals or by being taught.
2. Instinct- a behavior that an animal inherits from its parents
3. Inherited trait- a characteristic that is passed from parents to offspring
4. Migration- the seasonal movement of animals from one place to another
5. Hibernation- a deep sleeplike state when an animals body processes slow down
6. Stimulus- something that makes an organism act in a certain way
7. Response- something an organism does when it senses stimulus