February 22-26, 2010
Your spelling and vocabulary test will be on Friday, February 26, 2010 . You will be responsible for knowing how to spell each word correctly and the definition for each word.
1. Adaptation- a structure of behavior that helps an organism survive in its surroundings.
2. Biome- a very large area of land with a certain kind of climate and certain kinds of organisms living there.
3. Camouflage-the shape, color, or pattern of an animal that helps it blend in with its surrounding.
4. Community- populations of different kinds of organisms that live in the same place at the same time.
5. Ecosystem- all the living and nonliving things that interact with each other in an environment.
6. Habitat- the environment where an organism lives.
7. Mimicry- one organsim’s looking like another kind of organism in its environment so it can escape predators or catch prey.
8. Niche-the role that an organism plays in its habitat.
9. organism – a living thing.