Week Eight Vocabulary
Ocotber 19th -October 23rd
Your spelling and vocabulary test will be on Friday, October 23rd . You will be responsible for knowing how to spell each word correctly and the definition for each word.
1. Reflection – the bouncing back of light waves from a surface.
2. Refraction- the bending of light rays as they move from one material into another material.
3. Concave lens- a lens that is thinner in the center and thicker at the edges, a shape that bends light outward.
4. Convex lens- a lens that is thicker in the center and thinner at the edges, a shape that bends light inward.
5. Symmetry- having matching parts around a point or on both sides of a line through the middle.
6. Absorb- to capture. In this case we are discussing matter that captures light energy.
7. Transmit- light passing through a clear surface.
8. Transparent- matter that light passes directly through
9. Translucent- matter that some light passes through
10. Opaque- matter that light cannot pass through